Pre-Sales and Support Engineer
Pre-Sales & Support Engineer Position Overview
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Pre-Sales Engineer collaborates with sales and technical support to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs. He/she is responsible for enhancing productivity and profitability by providing optimal solutions.
- Works on RFPs generated by the sales team, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit.
- Proactively scopes the appropriate technical solution to address customer requirements and recommends solutions that optimize value for the customer.
- Developing innovative solutions to address client needs and where necessary create proof of concept demonstrations.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Provide expertise including detailed technical information about solution capabilities and alternative options
- Meets assigned targets for profitable growth in solution sales
- Provides coaching and professional development to other team members including sales associates to enhance their product knowledge and technical acumen.
- Pursue additional business development opportunities within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process and ensure that all customer needs are adequately addressed
- Engage with customers as a trusted advisor, listening and understanding their challenges and requirement – both technical and business, and clearly articulate and communicate to the sales team.
- Diploma/Higher Diploma or BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Vendor certifications e.g. HPE, Dell, IBM, CISA, Microsoft etc
- 2 to 3+ years’ experience working directly with customers in response to customer requests for proposals, develop designs and bills of materials for cost-effective solutions.
- Understanding of the latest networking concepts and protocols
- Understanding of virtualization technologies such as VMware and Cloud technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure.
- Working knowledge of a defined set of technologies including Microsoft Azure, M365, Google etc.
Applications should reach us by 26th November 2021.