OPPO RENO 8, 5G[ 8GB RAM ,256GB ROM]
OPPO RENO 8, 5G[ 8GB RAM ,256GB ROM]
- MediaTek Dimensity 1300
- Android 12, ColorOS 12
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB storage
- Back: 50MP + 8MP +2MP
- Li-Po 4500 mAh
- Colors: Shimmer Gold, Shimmer Black
Oppo Reno 8 5G [8GB,256GB]
- Technology – GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NS
- Dimensions 160.6 x 73.4 x 7.7 mm (6.32 x 2.89 x 0.30 in)
- Weight 179 g (6.31 oz)
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic back, plastic frame
- SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
The Oppo Reno 8 5G has a fashionable style that attracts. The manufacturer has flattened Reno 8 5G sides to conform to modern design trends. Rest assured, these won’t disappoint you when you carry this phone. It has a large 6.4-inch display on the front, with a cutout for the selfie camera in the top-left corner. The Reno 8 5G weighs only 179g, making it lightweight and unfatiguing for prolonged use. Accessing the power and volume controls is simple because they are placed close to the middle of the frame on either side. Only the secondary mic is present on the top of the frame. The primary microphone, speaker, and USB Type-C connector are all located at the bottom, along with the SIM tray.
- Type – AMOLED, 90Hz, 430 nits (typ), 600 nits (HBM), 800 nits (peak)
- Size – 6.4 inches, 98.9 cm2 (~83.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution – 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~411 ppi density)
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass 5
The Oppo Reno 8 5G has an AMOLED display with a full-HD+ resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, and 180Hz touch-sampling rate. It also has an optical in-display fingerprint sensor and Widevine L1 support for FHD+ streaming. Both the AMOLED display’s clarity and viewing angles were excellent. he front and back are protected with corning gorilla glass 5 while the frame is made out of plastic.
- OS – Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Chipset – MediaTek Dimensity 1300 (6 nm)
- CPU – Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU – Mali-G77 MC9
The MediaTek Dimensity 1300 SoC, an octa-core SoC with a 3GHz clock speed, powers the Oppo Reno 8 5G. You can increase the RAM to 5GB using a function that allows for RAM expansion. The Reno 8 5G ran Call of Duty: Mobile at ‘High’ graphics and ‘High’ frame rate settings, demonstrating good gaming performance. The phone also has 12 5G bands which means that you can fully take advantage of 5G in Kenya.
On top of Android 12.1, ColorOS 12.1 is installed on the Oppo Reno 8 5G. Through the Theme Store app, Oppo provides a variety of customization possibilities. Additionally, you can alter the accent colors to match the color of your wallpaper. The software also allows one to operate their smartphone with hand gestures using Air Gestures.
- Card slot No
- Internal – 256GB 8GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Triple – 50 MP, f/1.8, 23mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, multi-directional PDAF, 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 112˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm, 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features – Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video – 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, 23mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Features – Panorama, HDR
- Video – 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
The Reno 8 5g includes a triple camera arrangement. It has a Sony IMX766 sensor-equipped 50-megapixel main camera. This camera’s primary camera lacks OIS and instead depends on EIS. The other cameras are a 2-megapixel macro camera and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera with a 120-degree field of view. The Oppo Reno 8 5G has a 32-megapixel selfie camera for taking pictures of oneself. Photos taken with the primary camera are vividly colored and highly detailed. The camera app also includes an AI scene optimization feature that increases color saturation to produce photographs with more vibrancy. The 32-megapixel camera also takes superb selfies in both bright and dim light. The maximum video recording resolution for the primary and selfie cameras, respectively, is 4K 30fps. While filming at 1080p quality, the phone uses EIS to stabilize video and does a respectable job of it.
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – No
Regarding the sound, the Reno 8 5G includes two speakers, one at the bottom. There won’t be any problems with calling because the smartphone consists of two microphones and two 2MIMO carrier aggregations. There is also a 3.5mm audio port.
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Positioning – GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC – Yes
- Radio – No
- USB USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors – Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Type Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging Fast charging 80W, 1-50% in 11 min, 1-100% in 28 min (advertised)
- Reverse charging
A 4,500mAh battery that supports 80W fast charging powers the Reno 8 5G. A significant bonus is that Oppo includes a suitable charger in the box. The battery life is excellent, and you can quickly go up to two days. Oppo says you can charge the phone from 0 to 100% in less than 30 minutes.
- Colors – Shimmer Gold, Shimmer Black
The Oppo Reno 8 5G is a decent smartphone with suitable hardware. Additionally, the phone also boasts comparable performance and good cameras.